Tool windows overview
There are two categories of tool windows in Ultra Fractal. Most tool windows work with the active fractal document, but there are also stand-alone tool windows that work indepently.
Tool windows that work with the active fractal document:
- The Layer Properties tool window edits the active layer of the fractal. This is where you do most of the work, for example changing fractal types or experimenting with parameters.
- The Fractal Properties tool window edits the properties that apply to the entire fractal, such as the image size and the layers that it contains.
- The Fractal Mode tool window controls what happens and provides feedback when you click and drag inside the fractal window.
- The Timeline tool window shows all parameters in the active fractal window, grouped by category, and enables you to edit their animation properties. (Ultra Fractal Extended Edition only.)
- The Statistics tool window shows additional information about the fractal and the calculation process.
- The Color Cycling tool window animates the colors in the fractal.
Stand-alone tool windows:
- The Network tool window manages the computers that are connected to Ultra Fractal for distributed fractal calculations. (Ultra Fractal Extended Edition only.)
- The Render to Disk tool window manages background calculations of disk render jobs.
- The Compiler Messages tool window collects warnings and errors generated by the formula compiler when you select or reload a formula.
Next: Options dialog