|Note: You need Ultra Fractal Creative Edition or Extended Edition to use transformations.|
Transformations globally transform and warp the shape of a fractal. You can combine various transformations to create complex effects. Of course, you can also write your own transformations.
Transformations are managed in the Mapping tab of the Layer Properties tool window:
- The Add button opens a modal browser to select a new transformation. The transformation is then added to the list.
- The Delete button removes the selected transformations from the list.
- The Reload button reloads the selected transformation from disk and recalculates the layer.
- The Edit button opens the selected transformation in the formula editor.
- The More button shows a menu with additional commands.
- The Enable icon before a transformation quickly enables and disables the transformation.
- The Solid Color swatch specifies the solid color for the selected transformations. The solid color can be used by a transformation for special purposes. See Solid color.
- The transformation parameters are additional parameters specific to the selected transformations. See Formula parameters.
You can resize the transformations list by dragging the area just above the line that divides the Solid Color setting from the transformation parameters. The Reload and Edit buttons hide themselves automatically when there is not enough space. In this case, these commands can be found on the More menu.
Next: Working with transformations