Ultra Fractal contains a built-in formula editor. It is a powerful text editor with syntax highlighting and extra productivity features for writing formulas efficiently.
The toolbar contains commands to edit and save the file you are working on:
- The New button creates a new fractal from scratch.
- The Open and Browse buttons open files from disk.
- The Save button saves your changes to disk.
- The Undo and Redo buttons undo changes you have made to the file.
- The Cut, Copy, and Paste buttons are used to move and copy blocks of text. See Editing formulas.
- The Find button opens a standard Find dialog where you can search for text.
- The Find Entries button opens a dialog where you can search for formulas in the file. See Finding text and formulas.
- The Active Formula drop-down box shows the formulas in the file and allows you to quickly jump to any formula.
- The New Formula button adds a new empty formula to the file.
- The Complete Template button completes the editor template at the cursor position. See Templates.
The commands on the toolbar are duplicated on the File, Edit, and Insert pull-down menus. Frequently used commands are also on the menu that pops up when you right-click inside the editor.
Next: Editing formulas