Coloring algorithms define how fractals are colored. The fractal formula creates the basic shape of the fractal, and coloring algorithms provide ways to color that shape. This gives you the flexibility to freely combine coloring algorithms with any fractal formula.
Coloring algorithms are managed in the Inside and Outside tabs of the Layer Properties tool window.
- At the top, the title of the coloring algorithm is shown. Hold the mouse cursor over the title to see the entry identifier and the file name of the coloring algorithm.
- The Browse button opens a modal browser to select another coloring algorithm.
- The Reload button reloads the coloring algorithm from disk and recalculates the layer.
- The Edit button opens the coloring algorithm in the formula editor.
- The Help button opens the help file for the coloring algorithm, if one exists.
- The More button shows a menu with additional commands.
- The coloring settings specify how the information from the coloring algorithm must be interpreted to color the fractal. See Coloring settings.
- The formula parameters are additional parameters specific to the selected coloring algorithm. See Formula parameters.
Next: Inside and outside