|Note: You need Ultra Fractal Extended Edition to work with animations.|
Any fractal in Ultra Fractal can easily be turned into an animation. You can animate all parameters of the fractal at will and see the result immediately in the fractal window. Finally, render the animation to watch it as a movie clip.
Creating and editing animations is done with various tools:
- The animation bar contains the time slider and vital animation controls that enable you to create, edit, and play back animations. See Animation bar.
- With the time slider, you set the current frame. The fractal window always displays the image for the current frame.
- The red animation indicators are shown if the fractal is currently in Animate mode. In Animate mode, changes that you make to the fractal are only applied to the current frame. If Animate mode is off (the default), your changes are applied to the entire range of frames.
- The key icons show at which frames and for which parameters keys have been recorded. See Animation keys.
- The Timeline tool window provides an in-depth view of all animated settings and parameters and can be used to edit and tweak your animations. See Timeline.
The following topics will explain how these tools work, and how to use them effectively.
Next: Creating animations
Tutorial: Working with animations